Effective starting: May 25th, 2018
1. What kind of information do we collect?
1.1. Information you and others provide
We collect information about you as an end user when you input data to dRofus or otherwise provide it directly to us through channels mentioned below:
- When accounts are created: We collect the end users name and email address when they are created as user in dRofus. Example; You will normally get user access to dRofus through the dRofus project administrator. The administrator provide name and email address (mandatory) and you will be assigned an unique username. Additional information like company, phone number and address are optional.
- Content you provide through our support tool: Whether you designate yourself as a technical contact, open a support ticket, speak to one of our representatives directly or otherwise engage with our support team, you will be asked to provide contact information, a summary of the problem you are experiencing, and any other documentation, screenshots or information that would be helpful in resolving the issue.
- Content you provide us through our website: We collect information from you when you register on the site, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature. When registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously. Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to point "Cookies" in the section 1.2 for more information. We may use the information we collect from you when you register, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways: To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested. To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests. To quickly process your transactions. To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature. If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, you have the option to unsubscribe from these services. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
1.2. Information we collect automatically when you use dRofus
- Use of dRofus: When you use dRofus we keep track of certain information about you when you logged in and what data within the database you change. This information includes your username, name and email address and files and images you may upload to the database.
- Device and Connection Information: We collect information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other devices you may use to access dRofus. Example, this device information may includes screen resolution, type of device, operating system type, browser type, IP address and crash data. We use your IP address and/or country preference in order to approximate your location to provide you more effective user experience for certain services such as language selection on the website and download mirror for the dRofus client.
1.3. Information we receive from other sources
- dRofus administrators: We receive information about you from external administrators of dRofus databases. For example, you may be created as a user of dRofus by someone else. When you do we also receive your name and email address as you will be registered as user connected to a database stored on a server that dRofus personnel will have access to.
- Other services you link to your support account: We receive information about you when you integrate or link a third-party service with our support portal. For example, if you create an support account or log into the support portal using your Google credentials, we receive your name and email address as permitted by your Google profile settings in order to authenticate you.
2. How we use information we collect
How we use the information we collect depends in part on which parts of dRofus you use and how you use them. Below are the specific purposes for which we use the information we collect about you.
- To provide the services and personalize your experience: We use information about you to provide dRofus to you, authenticate you when you log in, provide customer support, and operate and maintain dRofus. For example, we use the name and email to identify you to other users in the project for who made a change. dRofus also include features that personalize your experience and enhance your productivity for example by remembering your previous UI-setup or searches and tailor the user experience based on your permissions and activities. This also includes anonymous collection of usage and logins in order to provide statistics to the project.
- For research and development: We are constantly improving the product by making it smarter, stable, faster, secure and useful to you. We use collected statistics about how people use our services and feedback provided directly to us to troubleshoot and to identify usage, activity patterns and improvement of the product. We also test and analyze certain new features with some users before rolling the feature out to all users.
- To communicate with you about dRofus: We use your contact information to send communications via email and within the application, including responding to your comments, questions and requests, provide customer support, and sending you technical notices, updates and administrative messages. These communications are part of our service to you. In addition, we may use this information to provide more general information about dRofus and tips and tricks in the form of email. Within is communication you have the possibility to opt out on and find information about this in the communication itself.
- To market, promote and drive user engagement: We may use your contact information and information about how you use the application to send promotional communications that may be of specific interest to you, including by email and by displaying dRofus ads on other companies' websites and applications, as well as on platforms like Facebook and Google. These communications are aimed at driving engagement and maximizing what you get out of the application, including information about new features, survey requests, newsletters, and events we think may be of interest to you. We also communicate with you about new product offers, promotions and contests. You can control whether you receive these communications as described below under "Opt out of communications in section 6."
- Customer support: We use your information to resolve technical issues you encounter, to respond to your requests for assistance, to analyze crash information, and to repair and improve dRofus. For example, if you encounter a bug and a bug report is submitted we include information about your email and your actions in order for us to reach out to you with a solution.
- For safety and security: We use information about you to verify accounts and activity, to monitor suspicious or fraudulent activity and to identify violations of policies.
- With your consent: We use information about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above. For example, we may publish testimonials or featured customer stories to promote dRofus with your permission
3. Legal bases for processing of user data
We collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you the service, including to operate the service, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the service;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the service and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party (e.g. your employer) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the service.
4. How we share information we collect about you.
Our tool is a sharing and collaboration platform. This means that we make certain information about you available to other users of our product and in your organization.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below.
- For collaboration purpose and tractability your name will be associated with data you enter into our tool, i.e. when you where logged in and when you entered the data. This might be published to other users accessing the project, to administrators in your organization and to our support team and other employees.
- Accounts managers and administrators will have access to your personal information and login information (not your password). This includes administrators in your organization and/or dRofus employees.
- We share information with third parties that help us operate, provide, improve, integrate, customize, support and market dRofus.
- We work with third-party service providers to provide website, hosting, maintenance, backup and storage which may give them access to information about you. If a service provider needs to access information about you they will do this in accordance to policies and procedures designed to protect your information.
- We work with dRofus partners, who provide consulting, sales, and technical services to deliver and implement customer solutions around dRofus. We may share your information with these third parties in connection with their services.
- We might share information about you with third parties when you give us consent to do so, e.g. customer satisfaction testimonials on our public website.
- In exceptional circumstances, we may share information about you with a third party if we believe that sharing is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- dRofus partners/agents that provide dRofus and related services
- for the purpose of invoicing and enabling the provision of dRofus and services, offering dRofus and/or dRofus partners’ products and services and for the purpose of financial arrangements between dRofus and the merchant. dRofus partners are not dRofus subcontractors
dRofus will on a contract holders request provide information on the then current subcontractors. The subcontractors may also use their affiliates and/or subcontractors in the processing of the personal data.
5. How we store and secure information we collect
We use data hosting service providers in the United States, Canada, Norway, and Australia to host the information we collect, and we use technical measures to secure your data. Some of our customers is hosting the data on their own infrastructure. The information collected will not leave the region in which they are collected.
While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information and your organization. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible (for example, because the information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
If your account is deactivated or disabled, some of your information and the content you have provided will remain in order to allow your organization or other users to make full use of dRofus. For example your name will still be displayed alongside with the content you provided in the logs.
If you have selected to receive marketing emails from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our dRofus. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
6. How to access and control your information
You have certain choices available to you when it comes to your information. Below is a summary of those choices, how to exercise them and any limitations.
- You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email, or have your administrator updating your email preferences , or by contacting us as provided below to have your contact information removed from our promotional email list or registration database. Even after you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive important messages from us regarding dRofus. You may opt out of some of these by contacting your dRofus administrator in your organization.
- Cookies: You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Google Chrome or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
7. How we transfer information we collect internationally
We collect information regionally and we do not transfer data outside that region except in the circumstances listed below.
Depending on which server you are using the data is retained in:
- International transfers within the dRofus Companies: To facilitate our global operations, we transfer information between third countries and EU or Norway and allow access to that information from countries in which the dRofus owned companies have operations for the purposes described in this policy
When we share information about you within dRofus companies, we make use of standard contractual data protection clauses, which have been approved by the European Commission, and we rely appropriate mechanisms to ensure the adequate level of data protection, such as on the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework to safeguard the transfer of information we collect from the European Economic Area and Switzerland.
The legal basis for the transfer of Personal Data to Third Countries is dRofus or the subcontractors’ Binding Corporate Rules, European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for the transfer of Personal Data to processors established in third countries (“Standard Contractual Clauses”), the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, alternative data export mechanisms for the lawful transfer of Personal Data (as recognized under EU data protection laws) or other legal basis.
8. Other important privacy information
8.1. For the END USERS
dRofus is acquired and used by organizations. Since dRofus is made available to you through an organization (your employer, contract owner, or other similar organizational groups), this organizations are the administrator for dRofus and is solely responsible for the use of dRofus and the databases over which it has control. All data privacy questions should be directed to the administrator of this organization as your use of dRofus is subject to that organizations policies. dRofus is not in any way responsible for the security and privacy policies of that organization that may differ from the dRofus policy.
Administrators are able to:
- require you to reset your account password;
- restrict, suspend or terminate your access to dRofus;
- access information in and about your account;
- access or retain information stored as part of your account;
In some cases, administrators can also:
- restrict, suspend or terminate your account access;
- change the email address associated with your account;
- change your information, including profile information;
- restrict your ability to edit, restrict, modify or delete information
Even if dRofus are not currently administered to you by an organization, if you use an email address provided by an organization (such as your work email address) to access dRofus, then the owner of the domain associated with your email address (e.g. your employer) may assert administrative control over your account and use of the services at a later date. You will be notified if this happens.
8.2. Our policy towards children
The Services are not directed to individuals under 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact our support services.
9. Contact Us
If you have questions or concerns about how your information is handled, please direct your inquiry to dRofus AS at firstname.lastname@example.org